Imagine being part of a nimble team where your ideas and input have the potential to impact millions of lives. IRL aims to make an impact on collective loneliness by bringing people together in real/remote life. Our goal is to help our users engage more with friends in-person to boost their overall happiness, encourage curiosity and make the task of organizing hang outs a breeze.
Our team is focused on building an event social network. We're looking for self-motivated teammates who have a passion for building high-quality consumer-facing applications.
*COVID-19 Note: We still ultimately retain goals around people spending more time together in person, and due to COVID-19 we have shifted our focus to online events and successfully raised a Series B round (https://techcrunch.com/2020/09...)
What you’ll be doing
- Be responsible for ideation, scoping, development, launch, and follow-up of social features across all our clients.
- Have a thoughtful voice when determining priorities. Bring research and insight to the process.
- Work with designers, frontend, backend, QA, marketing, and support to guide products through every release step.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of all new products.
- Be a voice of our users, understand needs and deliver rock-solid value.
- Help build on processes to improve execution.
- Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, properly documented, and delivered with high quality
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to decision-makers across the organization.
- Quickly understand then champion the IRL mission to help deliver best-in-class products.
- 3+ years experience as a product manager or product owner.
- Experience working with mobile applications.
- Experience working with Consumer Applications, preferably social or with Growth.
- Extra points if you've founded or launched a social app product or led a key area at a leading social app company.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-reliance, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Well organized with project information, a strong attention to detail, and a strong communicator.
- Strong abilities to influence, keep team members engaged, and hold dynamic meetings.
- Curiosity and a growth mindset.