IRL wants to bring people together in real life. Our goal is to help users boost their overall happiness and encourage their curiosity by making the task of organizing hang outs with friends a breeze. Meeting new or long-existing friends in-person should never be more than one click away! Our team is focused on building an intuitive app to facilitate people spending more time together in person by making it easy and fun to find and plan things to do together.
We are looking for self-motivated engineers who have a passion for building high-quality consumer-facing applications.
*COVID-19 Note: While we still ultimately retain our goal of facilitating people spending more time together in person, due to COVID-19 we have shifted our focus to online events and successfully raised a Series B round.
Front-End Developer Position
We are looking for an experienced Front-End Developer to join our web-team. You will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications. It would be your responsibility to translate our company and customer needs into a functional and appealing web-environment while ensuring a great user experience. We expect you to be a pro-active tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
What we expect from you
- Be an inspiring member of our web-team
- Develop user-friendly and testable components or webpages for our SPA's
- Work proactively together with our backend, content and design teams to improve overall quality of our product
- Optimize for browser compatibility and maximum PageSpeed
- Maintain high quality standards and brand consistency
- Write clear technical specifications, documentation and guides
- Keep in touch with latest trends in web development
What we are looking for
- 3+ years experience of working as a Front-End Developer
- Significant experience with building server-side rendered SPA's using Vue.js
- Proficient in developing with ES5+ and CSS
- Good understanding of industry best practices, layout aesthetics and SEO principles
- Knowledge of browser testing and debugging
- Experience with Nuxt.js, Bootstrap, Tailwind CSS, GraphQL, TypeScript, Storybook, WebAnimations, Jest and/or SVG’s is a pre
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills with an ability to perform well in a dynamic environment
- Knows what it takes to make being part of a fully remote team a success
- BSc degree in Computer Science or other relevant area
What you can expect from us
- You will be joining a young and eager team that’s focused on building out the next big social medium
- Open work environment with short communication lines to other teams and/or team members
- Market rate salary
- Regular company retreats (unfortunately on hold due to C19)