Imagine being part of a nimble team where your ideas and input have the potential to impact millions of lives. IRL aims to make an impact on collective loneliness by bringing people together in real/remote life. Our goal is to help our users engage more with friends in-person to boost their overall happiness, encourage curiosity and make the task of organizing hang outs a breeze.
Our team is focused on building a group and event discovery social network. We're looking for self-motivated people who have a passion for building high-quality consumer-facing applications.
*COVID-19 Note: While we still ultimately retain our goal of facilitating people spending more time together in person, due to COVID-19 we have shifted our focus to online events and successfully raised a Series B round (https://techcrunch.com/2020/09...)
As part of the IRL product team, you will be integral in setting IRL's product roadmap, by providing a deeper understanding of consumers and generating key insights. This role requires generating user feedback, as well as creating recommendations and insight from the data. As the first User Researcher this role will require defining the role itself, using expertise to identify opportunities and conducting research to improve the user's experiences.
- Proactively identify research needs by partnering closely with product managers, designers, engineering, and growth/engagement teams.
- Build comprehensive research plans, using appropriate research methods to understand user behavior and attitudes
- Be responsible for the end-to-end research process including defining, recruiting, moderating, synthesizing, and reporting
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative findings and articulate actionable product and design insights to partners
- Be an advocate for the user – Bring the voice of the user to all initiatives, ensuring that user-centered design is at the forefront of IRL’s product decisions.
- Solid understanding of UX Research methods with the ability to choose and articulate study design to stakeholders
- Experience working with product managers, designers, and engineering leads
- Experience designing both qualitative and quantitative research studies, analyzing results and creating reports with impactful product and design insights
- An understanding of statistics in relation to experiment design
- Strong written, presentation, and communication skills
- Skilled at translating different data set types into compelling actionable insights