IRL is the leading group messaging social network that brings people together through events and shared experiences. With its wide range of in-app offerings, including personalized event suggestions using artificial intelligence, calendar integrations, messenger and private group pages, IRL deepens everyone's ability to connect through organic community-building and engaging social interaction.
Based on humans' natural group orientation and essential need to communicate, especially in the post-COVID era, IRL is building the future of interaction by translating these inherent needs onto one platform and encouraging users to do more together.
As part of the IRL product team, you will be integral in setting IRL's product roadmap, by providing a deeper understanding of consumers and generating key insights. This role requires generating user feedback, as well as creating recommendations and insight from the data. As the first User Researcher this role will require defining the role itself, using expertise to identify opportunities and conducting research to improve the user's experiences.
- Proactively identify research needs by partnering closely with product managers, designers, engineering, and growth/engagement teams.
- Build comprehensive research plans, using appropriate research methods to understand user behavior and attitudes
- Be responsible for the end-to-end research process including defining, recruiting, moderating, synthesizing, and reporting
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative findings and articulate actionable product and design insights to partners
- Be an advocate for the user – Bring the voice of the user to all initiatives, ensuring that user-centered design is at the forefront of IRL’s product decisions.
- Solid understanding of UX Research methods with the ability to choose and articulate study design to stakeholders
- Experience working with product managers, designers, and engineering leads
- Experience designing both qualitative and quantitative research studies, analyzing results and creating reports with impactful product and design insights
- An understanding of statistics in relation to experiment design
- Strong written, presentation, and communication skills
- Skilled at translating different data set types into compelling actionable insights